Mouse Metabolism Core : Services | Rate | Schedule Use | Training | Links
A couple papers you may want to read about data normalization (CLAMS):
- A recurring problem with the analysis of energy expenditure in genetic models expressing lean and obese phenotypes. Andrew A. Butler & Leslie P. Kozak Diabetes February 2010 vol. 59 no. 2 pp323-329.
- Toward a More Complete and Less Controversial Understanding of Energy Expenditure and Its Role in Obesity Pathogenesis. Karl J. Kaiyala & Michael W. Schwartz Diabetes January 2011 vol. 60 no. 1 pp17-23.
A couple papers you may want to read about CLAMS analysis:
- A guide to analysis of mouse energy metabolism. Tschöp et al. Nature Methods 9,57–63 (2012).
- Identification of Body Fat Mass as a Major Determinant of Metabolic Rate in Mice. Kaiyala et al. Diabetes. 2010 July; 59(7): 1657–1666.
A couple of short protocols you may want to read about DEXA operations:
- Protocol DEXA scanning
- SOP DEXA scanning
A short SOP when using severely obese mice in EchoMRI:
- EchoMRI user instructions with severely obese mice.doc for download
Publications (by users of the Core):
Transient cytokine treatment induces acinar cell reprogramming and regenerates functional beta cell mass in diabetic mice. Baeyens L, Lemper M, Leuckx G, De Groef S, Bonfanti P, Stangé G, Shemer R, Nord C, Scheel DW, Pan FC, Ahlgren U, Gu G, Stoffers DA, Dor Y, Ferrer J, Gradwohl G, Wright CV, Van de Casteele M, German MS, Bouwens L, Heimberg H (2014) Nat Biotechnol 32: 76-83
Mfge8 promotes obesity by mediating the uptake of dietary fats and serum fatty acids. Khalifeh-Soltani A, McKleroy W, Sakuma S, Cheung YY, Tharp K, Qiu Y, Turner SM, Chawla A, Stahl A, Atabai K. Nat Med. 2014 Feb;20(2):175-83
Disruption of JAK2 in Adipocytes Impairs Lipolysis and Improves Fatty Liver in Mice With Elevated GH. Nordstrom SM, Tran JL, Sos BC, Wagner KU, Weiss EJ. Mol Endocrinol. 2013 Aug; 27(8):1333-42. Equipment used: CLAMS, EchoMRI, DEXA.
Coordinated regulation of hepatic energy stores by leptin and hypothalamic agouti-related protein.Warne JP, Varonin JM, Nielsen SS, Olofsson LE, Kaelin CB, Chua S Jr, Barsh GS, Koliwad SK, Xu AW. J Neurosci. 2013 Jul 17; 33(29):11972-85. Equipment used: CLAMS, EchoMRI.
Innate lymphoid type 2 cells sustain visceral adipose tissue eosinophils and alternatively activated macrophages. Molofsky, A. B., Jesse C. Nussbaum J. C., Liang H. E., Van Dyken S. J., Cheng L. E., Mohapatra A., Chawla A., and Locksley R. M. Journal of Experimental Medicine 2013 Mar 11; 210(3), 535–549. Equipment used: CLAMS, EchoMRI.
Modulation of AgRP-neuronal function by SOCS3 as an initiating event in diet-induced hypothalamic leptin resistance. Olofsson LE, Unger EK, Cheung CC, Xu AW. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Feb 19; 110(8): E697-706. Equipment used: CLAMS, DEXA.
CENTER MEMBERS ARE REMINDED TO ACKNOWLEDGE DRC CENTER GRANT (P30 DK063720) CONTRIBUTIONS WITH ‘THIS RESEARCH WAS SUPPORTED BY GRANTS X, Y FROM NIH P30 DK063720'.