Membership | Current Members
The UCSF DRC participates in the nationwide program supported by the NIDDK to foster research and training in the areas of diabetes and related endocrine and metabolic disorders.
The UCSF DRC integrates more than 65 diabetes-oriented investigators at the University of California, San Francisco. The UCSF DRC is a highly integrative program at UCSF, representing both basic research and clinical departments. The research components of the UCSF DRC include the following four areas:
- Islet Biology Program
- Obesity & Metabolism Program
- Autoimmunity & Inflammation Program
- Translation Program
Application for membership can be self-initiated or proposed by any existing DRC member and will be considered by the DRC Executive Committee. Criteria for inclusion include the following:
- Concurrence of the candidate’s research program with DRC programs and goals.
- Extramural funding (with priority given to NIH funding).
- Evidence that the candidate will enhance DRC goals by interacting with DRC members and by contributing to and benefiting from DRC activities (Enrichment Program, Cores, and P & F).
DRC membership is reviewed annually by The Program Directors. Members that no longer fit the criteria above will be reviewed by the DRC Executive Committee and considered for removal.
CENTER MEMBERS ARE REMINDED TO ACKNOWLEDGE DERC CENTER GRANT (P30 DK063720) CONTRIBUTIONS WITH ‘THIS RESEARCH WAS SUPPORTED BY GRANTS X, Y FROM NIH P30 DK063720'.